Pumpkins aren’t only good for making delicious pies and lattes. They offer loads of other benefits as well. Their seeds are a great source of zinc, healthy fats and magnesium. And for those who find it hard to include the seeds in their diet, pumpkin seed oil makes for the perfect alternative. Pumpkins are also fairly easy to grow and can look great in a home garden.
Also known as pepita oil, it’s reddish-orange and color and is quite beneficial for the human body according to how it’s used. It can be used as a health supplement or cooking oil. It has also gained traction as a supplement for hair growth. Let’s discuss its health and hair benefits in detail.
Benefits as a Health Supplement
Like the sunflower seed oil, the pumpkin seed oil is really good for the health of your heart. The Journal of Medicinal Food published a study a few months back that stated that the pepita oil potentially lowers blood pressure and prevents other diseases that can cause heart problems.
But it’s benefits are not just limited to the prevention of heart diseases. It’s known for lowering cholesterol levels in the body. Pumpkin seed oil is also widely known for improving the health of the prostrate gland and the urinary tract in men.
But this isn’t the end of it. There are many studies underway to determine more of the benefits that it can provide for the human body. One such study includes its use in treating metabolic diseases.
As a health supplement, it can be bought in dosages that range from 100mg to 1000mg.
Benefits for Hair
The oil extracted from pumpkin seeds carries antioxidants and multiple vitamins. These include zinc, phytosterol, zinc, fatty acids, omega-3s, vitamin K, and vitamin E. All these nutrients help in nourishing hair follicles, improve their thickness and volume, and keeps the hair moisturized.
It can be incorporated in your hair-care regimen in multiple ways with its direct consumption being the most commonly adopted method. However, if drinking it or taking pumpkin oil pills aren’t your preferred methods, you can also mix it with olive oil, coconut oil, and castor oil, and apply the mixture directly to your hair for 10 to 15 minutes before shampooing. You can also prepare a pumpkin seed oil mist and spray it on your hair or add it to your hair mask. The methods of its application are many and can easily be found online with a little digging.
If you are looking for high-quality pumpkin seed oil for your hair and your health, we have you covered with our list below of the best ones that you can buy online.
- Can be bought as a health supplement
- Comes in easy to consume, softgel capsules
- Especially cold pressed to maintain the maximum nutritious value
- It’s extracted from pure pumpkin seeds to offer extra-virginity
- Ideally for people looking to improve and support their mental and cardiovascular health
- Packaged and tested in the USA and comes with GMP certification
- Free of artificial flavorings, colors, and gluten
- Comes with a 90-day money-back guarantee from the manufacturer
- For people looking to improve their hair growth and follicle hydration
- Available in 2 oz and 4 oz amber glass bottle packaging
- Certified organic status ensures it doesn’t contain any additives, chemicals or fillers
- Comes with an eyedropper to allow easy application
- Manufactured in a USDA certified and FDA registered facility
- Packed under GMP certified standards
- Can only be used through direct application
- Holds the Leaping Bunny Program certification to ensure that it’s not tested on animals
- Softgel based 2000mg capsules
- Vegan-friendly with zero GMO content
- Contains vitamins B2, B12 and C, fatty acids, fibers, minerals, omega-3, and antioxidants
- Highly supportive of the urinary tract and bladder health for both men and women
- Contains no artificial colors, flavors, and soy
- Completely gluten-free
- Easy to store resealable pouch packaging
- Produced and packed in the United States
- All softgel capsules contain 100% natural cold pressed pumpkin seed oil
- Each capsule contains 1000mg pumpkin seed oil
- Comes with a twist cap plastic jar packaging
- Supports urinary and prostate health as well as joint inflammation and hair growth
- Produced through cold pressing methods to preserve all the nutrients like Omega3 and 6, and fatty acids
- Comes with a no questions asked money-back guarantee from the manufacturer
- NutriONN provides great customer support
- 100% pure, undiluted and virgin
- Holds skin healing properties
- Every batch is individually tested for safety and purity
- Manufactured for direct application on hair, and skin
- Ideal for aromatherapy thanks to its zinc, protein and carotenoid contents
- Completely safe and can also be used as a salad dressing or a health supplement
- Promotes great hair health and moisturization
- Produced using cold pressing procedures
With a plethora of health benefits for hair and body, we believe it should be used by adults and kids alike. Our list contains some of the best pumpkin seed oil products that you can buy online, in softgel capsule as well as liquid form.
For those of you who find it hard to drink the oil directly from a spoon can go for the easy to swallow softgel capsule options. And for those of you looking to improve the health and growth of your hair without having to actually put anything in your body, you can use the extra-virgin oils from our list for direct application. The strong among you can buy the Plat Guru pumpkin seed oil and add it to their daily meals as a salad topping or use it to saute vegetables.
With different ways for its consumption and application and the growing list of the benefits it offers, there’s no doubt that pumpkin seed oil is essential for every home and should be a mainstay in every kitchen cabinet.